I'm trying out the Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Basecoat and all I can say is its loooovvve! It makes virtually any polish a one coat affair, and I swear it does some magical hoodoo voodoo resurfacing or boosts the top coat because I get crazy fabulous shine from my seche vite when I use this base coat. Todays nails are somewhat subdued (mainly because I'm a scrooge who isn't the biggest fan of christmas) but still glam and trendy! The CG Luxe and Lush isn't the greatest flakie I've ever tried, you have to daub the flakes on to get it even rather than spread it. So it takes a few passes to get it even enough. Overall I like it.
23 December 2012
19 December 2012
I'm sorry I'm so lame. But I am so incredibly busy right now that regular posting is just not feasible. I am declaring a hiatus and will be back after the 1st Jan with new content and a refreshed demeanor. To all the new followers, I warn you... you ain't seen nothing yet. So, just stick around and keep on, keepin' on. I will be back.
15 December 2012
Harriet at Little Miss Student Beauty is holding her MAC Christmas Giveaway!
Lola at Lola's Secret Beauty Blog tells us what's on her Holiday Wish List!
Olivia of The Unknown Beauty Blog says "Out with the old and in with the new!" with MUFE Aqua Brow!
Rachel from Rachel's Makeup and Skincare swatches the many items from the Lorac Eye Candy Full Face Collection.
Emily at Mrs. WASP shows us the awesome green manicure that is Julep Cindy.
Lindsay at The Beauty Think Tank has a special challenge for you all, The Official Run a Mile with Lindsay Day 2012!
Submissions for The Up & Coming Beauty Bloggers Weekly Report is going on hiatus until after the Holidays! So stay tuned in the future for more great posts, from great bloggers!
10 December 2012
I am aware that this is not regularly scheduled programming. And I am aware that what I am about to talk about has nothing to do with Beauty Products. BUT. I am going to talk about something that is important to me. Last year, at around this time, I weighed 275 lbs. I was extremely unhealthy, and had an abysmal level of physical fitness. At this point, I had started actively thinking about losing weight, and had thought about it for a while. And while I thought about losing weight, I more so thought about what I wanted to do to lose that weight. I wanted to become a runner.
So, to make a long story short, on December 28, 2011, after several failed attempts and miserable periods on a treadmill later, I sucked it up and ran a mile. This was no small feat for me mind you. I had never run a mile straight through before. EVER. I always walked portions of it in gym class, I could never actually complete the distance in high school. But, on that day, I sucked it up, dialed up the speed and just refused to get off the treadmill until my distance tracker said '1.00'.
It took me twelve minutes, and I almost vomited, but, at the end. I finished it. And it was that day that I committed myself to losing weight. I knew that if I stuck it out, I would get to where I wanted to go. As long as I kept trying, and kept pushing, my efforts would be rewarded. And I have been rewarded. I've lost 75lbs. I can now run a 5k in 30 minutes. So, I wanted to commemorate this eventful, and clearly fateful day by challenging you, dear reader (all 172 of you) to run a mile with me on December 28, 2012!
All you have to do is comment below saying that you're down for the challenge! You don't actually have to run it all - you can jog, walk, crawl, zombie shuffle. Just as long as you cover the mile on the 28th, we're in business! I'll have another post on the 28th of December that you can comment about your experience doing your mile, and hopefully, for some, it will be a personal catalyst for you and help you make a change you've always wanted to make in your life :)!
Anyways - if you're down, please comment below!
|Your fearless leader at the Dirty Girl Mud Run in May 2012!|
08 December 2012
Lola from Lola's Secret Beauty Blog tells about her Top Pick Holiday Lip Sets!
Rachel from Rachel's Makeup and Skincare reviews her Winter Wantable Box.
Olivia from The Unknown Beauty Blog kicks off the holiday's with the Beauty Blog Advent Calendar 2012!
If you would like to be featured in a future Up & Coming Beauty Bloggers Weekly Report, please e-mail Lindsay at beautythinktank(at)gmail(dot)com.
03 December 2012
Check out the pretty green duochrome! I had this done because I ran out of time to jazz up my nails myself. And they were in serious disrepair. I like shellac and intend to get at least one more treatment to encourage my nails to grow out. I liked Iced Coral because its a great neutral with a twist.
02 December 2012
A) This song "Fear and Loathing" by Marina and the Diamonds has been on heavy rotation as of late. And is totally been my mood. Which, not sure what that says about me.
B) Marina does have some pretty killer makeup.
C) Also check out her song "Valley of the Dolls"... that is some good stuff.
- The Convenient Beauty: Despite its huge price tag, Tom Ford Narcissist Cheek Color has now become The Convenient Beauty's all time favorite blush.
- Confessions of a Sarcastic Mom: Looking for some older Zoyas to covet? Check out the four Destany features!
- Cosmetics Aficionado: Have you heard of Sation nail polish? For Better or Never might make you take notice.
- datyorkLOVES: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 Movie Review & Nails.
- TheFabZilla: Check out TheFabZilla's glittery pick from butter LONDON's holiday lips and tips combo. Yep, it makes a lovely present to your bestie!
- Midnight Manicures: Check out swatches of Zoya's Gilty Pleasures Limited Edition Trio which includes an 18k gold flaky top coat. Enter to win your own Zoya Gilty Pleasures Trio and 5 of Zoya's most popular nail treatments!
- Beauty by Miss L: Are The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture shampoo & conditioner Miss L`s new favorite haircare products?
- Crows’ Feet, Cupcakes, and Cellulite: Crows’ Feet, Cupcakes, and Cellulite profiles a revolutionary new polish that has everything built right in for a complete mani/pedi!
- Makeup Demon: Blue and purple smokey eyes makeup.
- Lola's Secret Beauty Blog: Lola's Secret Beauty Blog is entranced and captivated by the Susan Thompson Cosmetics Limited Edition Holiday Sets- they are simply stunning and infinitely affordable!
- The Beauty Think Tank: The Beauty Think Tank loves Illamasqua, so what happens when she tries out Skin Base Foundation? Only the blog post knows!
- My Newest Addiction Beauty Blog: Laura from My Newest Addiction Beauty Blog shows you the beautiful ghd Pink Cherry Blossom styler!
- Polarbelle: Have you heard of SaFloJo Nail Polish yet? Polarbelle would like to show you a Hidden Gem of a nail polish.
- The Passenger Element: nyx lip haul/swatches.
- Mama Fashionista: TotalBeauty.com's Beautygasm Box has great goodies to keep you looking good from head to toe (literally)! Mama Fashionista shares the details...
- Addicted to OPI-yum: Lovenailpolish wants you to know about the Most Beautiful Blue Nail polish she has ever seen. And she has seen a blue or two!
- Vicerimus : Follow Vicerimus, for she will lead the way to the white rabbit...or, at least, nails inspired by Alice in Wonderland.
- Sincerely Stephanie: Check out this week's Wal-Mart Wednesday for some glitzy glam nails that are perfect for the holidays!
- Beauty Professor: Already a fan of the Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick, the Beauty Professor shares swatches of all shades!
- Lipgloss Break: Angela from Lipgloss Break reviews the Clarisonic Mia 2!
- Baking Beauty: Does Maybelline's One By One really give clump free lashes?
- Love At First Site!: A holiday's "unpolished" look, just color and light coverage.