I was recently nominated/ bequeathed the Liebster Award, not once.. but twice within the week from two different bloggers! The first being Meredith from NYCMakeuplover1 Blog and the second from Stephanie of Packer Lacquer, and I am super pumped about it :). Thank you so much ladies!
Onto the rules!:
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the ' tagger ' has set for them
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There's no tag backs.
11 Things About Me
1) I have a Master's Degree in Forensic Science. No I'm not shitting you about that.
2) I was born in Hawaii.
3) I wear exclusively black clothing, much to everyone I knows chagrin.
4) I have recently lost almost 60 lbs, which is a feat I never thought I could do.
5) I love college football. Specifically the SEC. More specifically 'Bama. ROLL TIDE!
6) My second toe on both feet is freakishly longer than my first toe. But it makes me awesome at picking things up with my toes!
7) I really like cheese. My favorite is swiss followed up by a nice fresh mozzarella.
8) My favorite nailpolish brand is Nails, Inc.
9) My favorite makeup brand is NARS.
10) I turn 26 on 23 Aug!
11) I am deeply thrilled that two people nominated me for this award. It makes me feel good to know people read the ThinkTank :)!
1) What is my favorite store to shop at for makeup? In general, Sephora. For luxury and niche brands, Nordstroms. For drugstore makeup, Rite Aid and Ulta.
2) What is one type of product I have the most of? Eyeshadow, definitely. I have at least four full MAC palettes from collecting over the years, and then some lovely LE quads I am deeply in love with. I also have quite the collection of Wet n'Wild palettes, I am so surprised by the quality of them.
3) What do your friends/ family think of your makeup habit? Honestly, my immediate family doesn't think much about it anymore. They know that I prefer makeup type gifts and they go willingly with me when I lurk around Sephora and the MAC store. I tend to get asked to do wedding and special occasion makeup a lot.
4) Whats my favorite part about blogging? Other than I can be completely off the wall and no one can tell me that I'm being inappropriate? Probably my Mblog posts. I think they're unique and have the perspective that beauty happens to everyone, and I try to publish them in an "in-the-moment" spirit.
5) What make-up is on my wishlist right now? UD Naked Skin Foundation, but I'm waiting to lose my summer glow a bit more, because the shade 4.0 white's me out a bit too much for summer. Also, MAC Haute & Naughty Too Black Mascara and MAC Nightmoth Lip Pencil.
6) Do I stick to certain beauty rules during the seasons? No. I prefer dewier foundations in the winter and heavier in the summer. I use bronzer year round, and find opportunities to wear dark lipstick as my mood strikes me.
7) Are there any makeup items I don't wear? Regularly, probably foundation primer, mascara primer, lip pencil and highlighter. That is not to say I don't use them when the opportunity presents itself, I just find them unnecessary in daily makeup. Also, if I forget to put something on my face daily its usually lipstick, which is hilarious because I own a ton of lipstick.
8) Do I have more High End or Drugstore Makeup? High End. Definitely. But I do have a soft spot for DS lipstick, mascara and nailpolish.
9) Do I wait for a sale to buy makeup or pay full price for drugstore? If I want a particular item badly enough, I buy it full priced. But generally I only buy DS makeup if it's on sale, and on sale in a manner that I appreciate, like 40% off rather than buy-one-get-one-50% (eff that). Or I use coupons. I stalk displays for coupons that I can use for other items.
10) What is my favorite mascara of ALL TIME? Thats a toughie - it's a tie. Urban Decay Big Fatty (reformulated) or Beauty Addicts ShowOFF mascara.
11) What advice to you have to fellow newbie bloggers to get more people to find out about your blog? Blog about relevant things. Or blog about things with a new and unique perspective. Strive to take quality pictures and network. Join facebook, twitter, instagram, bloggers.com, bloglovin', networked blogs and see if you qualify for things like Beauty Bloggers Link Love, Beauty Blogazons, iFabbo, etc. Also, promote yourself by commenting on other blogs and getting to know other bloggers.
Packer Lacquer's Question
1) What is my go-to-can't live without beauty product? Mascara. Give me a q-tip and I can even make a decent go at eyeliner with it. Without mascara it looks like I have no eyelashes, I need this to not look like a space alien.
2) What is the most I've ever spent on a bottle of nailpolish? Probably $14 for MAC nailpolish. I think if polish costs more than $10 and it doesn't have LSD in it that I can absorb through my nail beds (which, for the record, it can't - because that would be illegal), then it's probably over priced.
3) What is the last book that I read? The Treasurekeeper by Shana Abe and Insurgent by Veronica Roth.
4) What is my favorite dessert? Ohhhh this is hard... I'm not usually a desert person.. but if I had to choose? Probably the make your own frozen yogurt sundae places or Fruit Tarts with Creme Anglaise centers.. yummy.
5) Name a guilty pleasure. I own a sample of Hermes Jardin Mediterranee, and I never wear it because I am afraid of using it all up. I just open it and sniff, compulsively. I do this a lot, when no one is looking, people already think strange things about me, no need to fuel the fire!
6) How did I get started blogging? Way back in 2008 I wrote What Lachesis Thinks! and if I had stuck with it, I probably wouldn't be a noob again. But I just lost interest in it. Then I decided that a makeup world devoid of my opinion was sorely missing something special, so I started up again. Good news! I still am interested, I mean I bought my blogs domain name!
7) What is the story behind the name of my blog? Well it's a spin-off from What Lachesis Thinks. And then I always hear about focus groups and think tanks, and haven't really heard about a singular blog called a Think Tank, so I just struck while the iron was hot.
8) If I could take the vacation of a lifetime where would I go? I would start off with a month in the UK and then probably another month touring France, Germany, Switzerland and Italy. Then I'd hope over to Singapore, Japan and Korea and finish up with like 6 months in the Oz (Australia). Pretty much I'd go everywhere that didn't actively hate the US, just to see all of the world. If I was really adventurous, I'd pay Richard Branson some moolah for a seat on Virgin Galactic, but I am mildly terrified of planes, so I am not sure how much I would enjoy the whole experience.
9) Who is one beauty personality, living or not, I would die to meet? Living - the Pixiwoo sisters. Dead - Alexander McQueen.
10) What is my Sunday lounge outfit? Black yoga pants or oversized black resort pants, and a black spaghetti strapped top.
11) What is my favorite beverage? I really like tea in all forms. See also Coke Zero (Roman's facebook update got me into it - 10pts if you get the reference!)
My 11 Illustrious Recipients!
My 11 Required Questions
1) If you could design your own beauty product, what would it be?
2) Would you rather be forced to wear full coverage foundation for a year or go without lipstick for a year?
3) Do you like BB Creams or are they just hype?
4) Favorite season for makeup?
5) Favorite drugstore/ high street beauty product?
6) If you could do a makeup/ lookbook based on a country/ place what would it be and why?
7) If you could do the makeup of any Olympian who would it be and why?
8) All time favorite song?
9) What is your favorite thing to blog about? Not just makeup in general.
10) What inspires you to blog?
11) If you were on a deserted island what three things would you need to have with you?
That's it guys! I hope you enjoy the Liebster award! Thanks again!