Sorry about last week, I was overcome with the need to try and Ombre manicure. Something which I was not skilled at... at all. Moving on! I've decided to manicure my nails after I type this post! So keep your eyes peeled for an Mblog post tomorrow. Probably while I hide furtively in the bathroom at work because I cannot QC anymore data without wanting to go crazy.
NARS Moscow Pure Matte Lipstick - For the record, I only spam the blog with things I really like. And I have devoted a swatch post and a LOTD post to this lipstick, as well as an Instagram photo. This is a strawberry red lipstick, that is matte. It layers beautifully and evenly. Doesn't dry my lips out, doesn't fade patchily, and doesn't leave a nasty product ring around my mouth. This is the first lipstick I can say I LOVE to wear everyday, and it doesn't make me feel awkward to do so. I think it's great for summer, because you can really pare down your eye makeup and your face makeup, but still make a beautiful and feminine statement that lasts in the heat. I think I've finally found my perfect red lipstick.
|Image from Sephora.com|
Diorshow Extase Mascara - I actually documented the failure of this mascara. And while it was a sample, I wanted to love it because some part of me, clearly the less intelligent and more lemming pony inclined part of me, is convinced that I will never be complete without having a Diorshow Mascara as an HG. There's just something about it that I can't seem to shake. Unfortunately, this lemming will not be cured with Diorshow Extase, no matter how many times I spell it Exstase and then realize I'm a moron for doing so.
|Image from Sephora.com|
June 2012 Glossybox - I've been charged my requisite $21 for the box, and the website is now taking orders for the June box, so I'm just waiting for the e-mail saying they've shipped it! If you're curious as to the contents of my May 2012 Glossybox - click...... here!
I want to see a crapload of summer movies. I love going to the movies and forgetting everything for awhile, and coming out excited and bubbly and curious because I was immersed in someones imagination for 2 hours. So here they are in no particular order:
- Prometheus - I haven't yet because, quite frankly, the music will give me nightmares. Which is sort of embarassing to admit, but it's true. I have a hyperactive imagination and it doesn't take much to warp my dreamscape into something brave, new and sonically frightening.
- Snow White & the Huntsman - Two words - Chris. Helmsworth. I could give a shit about KStew, and secretly I don't think this bitchy role is too much of a stretch for Mizz Theron.
- Brave - This just looks fun and weirdly reminds me of Julie Garwood books, you know the Highland ones with the spunky heroines. Even though this is marketed to little girls and isn't about romance novels.
- The Amazing Spiderman - I have a ladycrush on Emma Stone. But really, who doesn't?
- The Bourne Legacy - I have an obsession with the Bourne Franchise. They are my favorite action/ adventure/ spy movie series. It made me love Matt Damon, and this new one, with Jeremy Renner, will hopefully make me love him (even though I kinda already do). This movie also secretly makes me wish I could be a spy, because in my mind, I'm fairly certain I would be badass at it.
I bought my blogs domain name! It's now thebeautythinktank.com. In the interest of shameless self promotion if you'd like to interact with me, I have the following networking sites for the Think Tank! I really like to know that people aren't finding the Think Tank via Google. Even though, I suspect, most traffic is directed here from that search engine.
Instagram - @lachesissss
I'm mainly on Twitter and Instagram. I love Pinterest - and have all kinds of random stuff pinned! Also, from now on all of my photography/ stock photographs for the blog will be uploaded to a Flickr account, because it makes putting images into the blog much easier. Blogger hates to let me upload pictures! Much in the same way its being quite bastardly about the layout.
Florence + the Machine - Strangeness and Charm... It's a song about an all consuming love, and physics. Although.. I'm not entirely sure to describe the song as an all consuming love of physics wouldn't entirely be off the mark either. This is a live version, but I think it captures the mood of the song really well.
That's it! Thanks for reading!