The GIANT HAND OF SWATCH is back! (Not that it ever went anywhere - I mean short of amputation it is attached to me.) This time featuring my favorite summer lip shades! This was photo-ed on my iPhone w/ flash and edited for color temperature, contrast, sharpness and text in Picasa (See disclaimer below). Anyways, I think for the month of June I may do a LOTD every day post, either through Instagram or as a mobile blog (mblog) for some fun content! As always the picture holds the key to the photo!
|So pretty! So lipstick-y!|
1) Tarte Matte Lipsurgence Pencil - Lively
2) Beaute Cosmetics Liqui-Gel Stain - Flouron
3) MAC Icon (Frost - Perm)
3) MAC Plushglass - Bubble Tea (LE)
5) MAC Go For It (Cremesheen - LE)
6) MAC Desire (Lustre - Perm)
7) NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil - Buenos Aires (Summer 2012)
8) Illamasaqua Intense Lipgloss - Facade (Fall 2011 - Theatre of the Nameless)
9) MAC Creme Cup (Cremesheen - Perm)
So, I've talked about photography before on my blog. And suffice it to say, I want to make this an experiment in what you can do with a camera phone and some free photo-editing software. You don't buy beauty products in a perfectly lit, composed, white out environment and I don't think photographing them that way, while showcasing the product, really does them justice as to how you will experience them in the store (i.e. - in less than perfect lighting, without zoom, photoediting, etc). The photographs I will strive to post will try to provide what I think is credible visual information about a product on a nice background and swatched on a fairly common skin tone (my own). Plus, I'm down with the challenge of seeing how decent a photographer I can become using a limited platform that is available to everyone.