Before we get started, watch and appreciate:
K. My work here is done. Just kidding!
WHAT TO BUY
- Outre Eyeshadow - A matte ochre yellow eyeshadow? Uhhh whats not to like? I kid people who are cool toned and fair may not be too jazzed with this, but this is a shade that is unique to the MAC Perm line and I for one see it as a beautiful fall-esque crease color and a funky complement in a dark brown smokey eye.
- Equilibrium Blush - A shimmery cool toned tan blush. I can see this being perfect for contouring or a lovely neutral cheek to complement an intense eye or bold lip.
- Street Cool Shadestick - A lovely taupe, a perfect base for other taupes? (It seems only fair to include this because Outre will only look good on certain skintones. Same applies here.)
- Fatigues Nail Lacquer - A green-blue dusty greyish creme nailpolish. Sounds remarkably complex, but looks pretty on the nails.
- Smoked Purple Lipstick - A beautiful unusual smokey purple color. I'm not sure if I've ever seen this in lipstick form, but I can't resist. It fuels my addiction for "ugly" purple lipsticks. See also Rebel, Runaway Red and Prince Noir. I vastly enjoy all of these lipstick shades. A great diverse range for fall.
WHAT TO SEE IN STORE
- All of the Fluidlines - I know Dark Diversion will not blow. (I own it, and it doesn't). I really would like to include Midnight Blues and Envy but I'm concerned that the texture, consistency and performance will be subpar. Also, I already own shades similar to this in MAC pearlglides.
- Evil Eye Eyeshadow Quad - The name does it for me, the swatches are what don't. Everything looks dark and one dimensional. Like it wouldn't matter what shade I put on, it would all blend out the same on my eye and be dark and muddy.
- Illicit Lipglass - I like the color in the swatches, but I own a lot of other similar milky, pinky, peachy lipglasses. If this one is special and unique enough I'd say do it.
WHAT TO SKIP
- For the record I hate most of everything in the Icelandic Cool collection. It's way to pale, pastel and shimmery for someone like me. I'm dark and yellow toned and not fair. This will look like death on me. Therefore, SKIP!
- Secret Lover Lipstick - Wtf. This is like Iron Maiden Lipstick from that one collection that had Full on Fuschia Blush and Ravishing Lipstick. Pale, non-descript and no color once on the lips. Why pay $14 for glorified lip balm?
This collection is weirdly one dimensional. Its not colorful or diverse enough for my liking. There are things I can find that I like, but most of the products leave me lukewarm. Anyone remember Cult of Cherry or the MAC Make Up Art Cosmetics Collections? Now those were some outstanding fall MAC showings.