I have pared my makeup routine down to a ridiculously tiny fraction of what it used to be because A. It's balls friggin hot outside and B. When I'm hot I can't be bothered.
1. I went on a foundation kick in a big fat hairy way and have two heavy weight loves. MUFE HD in 140 and NARS Sheer Glow in Punjab. I like both of these because they give me an even, pore minimized face that looks like SKIN not six layers of products. Great for summer, if set with a silica powder or an oil absorbing powder otherwise they get slippy. I don't wear moisturizers with either of these products because they're emollient enough on their own. If my skin is feeling dry I reach for a gel based oil free moisturizer and blot off any excess residue.
2. Benefit Cha-Cha tint. I am not a fan of the moronic packaging of the Benefit stains (nailpolish brush to dispense a STAIN, pure wtf-ery). This one however is love. If you are a warm-toned, yellow-y, olive-y, fair girly like myself, this is the perfect tint for you. It looks like an awesome coral-y orange, but on the skin sheers out to a warm vibrant pink. Its beautiful layered on the lips to give a warm ultra rosy flush. I vastly enjoy this stain. I tend to take a stippling brush and daub the product lightly onto the bristles, dab off the excess, and buff it onto the cheeks. I place it diffusely first, then add a tinnnyyyy bit more to the apple of the cheek.
3. UD 24/7 Liquid Liners - AHHHHH THEY FINALLY GOT IT RIGHT! A LIQUID LINER THAT IS LATEX BASED (or similar) THAT I CAN DO AN ULTRA GRAPHIC, ULTRA PRECISE 80's MOD CAT EYE WITH. DOES EPIC HAPPY DANCE OF YAYYYYY! PS. You need Perversion, Siren and Retrograde.
TBH - I haven't been trying any makeup lately that I've been hating. I've sort of fallen off the lemming wagon. I'm not super enthused by anything coming out for fall by either MAC or NARS, given that I stick to my staple look pretty hardcore. I'm looking to be wow-ed out of the water, and I'm just not finding it. The UD Fall 2011 got my pulse elevated, now I'm looking for the good slow burn of make-up that starts in August and carries into the winter. But for now, there is nothing that I can say is a SUPER FAIL from personal experience.
- Inglot Cosmetics - AMC Matte Gel Eyeliner in 85 and 83. The Chartreuse and the mid-tone lilac shade.
- NARS Exotic Dance Duo - B'day Makeup
- This dress to wear for my B-day Beach excursion
Favorite Song Right Now: Monster - Paramore & Addicted to Love - Florence + the Machine
Weird Craving - Papa Johns Pizza orrrrrrr Pinneapple. Yummeh.
Obsessive Television: I am hulu-ing Combat Hospital. Its a refreshing look at the war in Iraq in a drama, and while its produced in Canada and set in 2006, I really like it. Its funny and relevant. Its fixing the hole in my heart that Mercy left when they cancelled it.
Thanks for Reading!